“The new Altair® 5 Multigas Detector from MSA is the ideal choice for confined space entry,” says IBT Safety head, Gary Porter. “This portable unit can detect can up to five gases, and comes complete with impressive features like MotionAlertTM and InstantAlertTM.”
MotionAlert (when enabled) activates a “man down” alarm if no motion is detected for 30 seconds. The InstantAlert feature allows users to manually activate an audible alarm to alert those around them to potentially dangerous situations.
Using a portable gas detector is easy, thanks to MSA. The Altair 5 Multigas Detector has ease-of-use logic to ensure that minimal user training, interaction or maintenance is required.
The intuitive menu-driven display and three large, tactile buttons make operation easy – even while wearing gloves. Numerous customization options are offered to fit many budgets and experience levels, from personal monitoring and pre-entry checks within confined space to industrial hygienist use.
MSA’s new generation of miniature catalytic combustion sensors will reliably detect up to 100 percent LEL of combustible gases, including many solvents. MSA’s high-performing electrochemical duo-tox hydrogen sulfide/carbon monoxide sensor allows for an additional sensor slot. Many other toxic sensor choices are available, including ammonia, chlorine, hydrogen cyanide, phosphine, and sulfur dioxide. A lithium-ion rechargeable battery provides enough runtime to cover double shifts.
The Altair 5 Multigas Detector is Galaxy® System-compatible for easy calibration and record keeping. Vibrating alarm and datalogging are standard features, and the unit is MSA LinkTM Software ready for easy transfer of stored information to a connected PC.
The ergonomically designed rubber overmolded housing provides unsurpassed durability, is IP65-rated for dust and water ingress, and passes a six-foot drop test. The unit is also equipped with a 95+ dB audible alarm and ultra-bright alarm LEDs for maximum visibility.
- Logo display screen customization
- MotionAlert and InstantAlert features standard
- MSA Link Software with multi-language capability
- Galaxy Test System-compatible
- Triple alarms at 95 dB+
- Durable rubber/synthetic over-molding
- Intuitive 3-button operation
- Unit passes 6-foot drop test; IP65-rated for water/dust ingress
- Real-time on-line monitoring capability with MSA Link Software
- 2-year comprehensive warranty for standard models
- High-resolution color or monochrome display screen
- Many e-chem sensor options
- Integral pump or diffusion option
- Rechargeable lithium-ion or alkaline battery options
- 17-language display capability
For more information about the new Altair 5 Multigas Detector from MSA, refer to attached specifications and literature ask an IBT Safety Rep.