When you’re working in food and beverage processing, it can be a challenge to meet all the rigorous requirements of the FDA and NSF for lubricants, adhesives, and greases. What do you do when you need food-safe threadlockers, retaining compounds, and gasket sealers?
Safe for Food and Beverage
Luckily, Henkel Loctite Corporation produces a complete family of adhesives and lubricants that are specifically designed for the food and beverage environment—and have received all agency approvals and certifications. They are also designed to:
- Extend processing equipment life
- Increase line efficiency
- Enhance plant hygiene
- Improve product quality
Complies with All FDA and NSF Regulations
“These food-grade lubricants and adhesives are not only safe and comply with all NSF and FDA regulations, they can also help reduce operating costs and improve our customers’ ability to compete in the demanding production environment that they operate in today,” said Mike Jones, an Adhesive Specialist at Henkel Corporation.
Loctite produces lubricants and adhesives that work for all 3 FDA categories, including:
- FDA 21 CFR 175.300 Approval—threadlocker used on fluid-filler valves, mixer assemblies, and conveyor systems. “This is the only threadlocker on the market today that is compliant with FDA food additive regulations. It actually prevents bacteria growth within the threads,” Jones said.
- NSF H1 Approval—cleaning and lubricating conveyor components and process-critical pumps and gearboxes; acceptable for incidental food contact.
- NSF Standard 61—threadlocking, thread sealing, gasketing, retaining, repair, wear coating, and general bonding products; meets all standards to be used in areas affecting drinking water.
Which Product Do You Need?
IBT Industrial Solutions can assist you with finding the right food-grade adhesive or lubricant. Loctite specializes in producing food-grade
products for food and beverage corporations:
- Food-grade grease
- Food-grade anti-seize
- High-performance synthetic grease
- Silicone adhesive sealant
- Flange sealant
- Thread sealant
- Pipe sealant stick
- Retaining compound
- Metal magic steel
Henkel produces the Loctite brand of industrial adhesives, sealants, and coatings. Henkel has 6,200 employees in 51 facilities across the U.S. and Canada, and has been in business for almost 140 years. Worldwide, the company has 50,000 employees in 120 countries.