IBT’s Belt Division can offer belt splice vulcanization up to 72″ width. In addition to vulcanization, we provide conveyer belt repairs, lagging, lacing, belt cleaner installation, belt tracking and troubleshooting, and conveyor system surveys. Belt cover gauge wear analysis is also available for select customers, which helps identify budgetary needs for upcoming industrial belt replacements.
On-Site Conveyor Belt-Splicing Services
IBT stocks the necessary hardware for installation of any of the following splices, most commonly found in elevator leg applications. A full line of additional heavy-duty splices is available upon request.
- AB Splice: Non-ferrous bronze metal of very high tensile strength, rated for belts up to 800 PIW, non-sparking, non-corroding and non-rusting. Bronze color.
- Durasplice: Ferrous galvanized cast iron of very high tensile strength. Rated for belts up to 800 PIW. Silver color.
**IBT also stocks Flexco conveyor splicing components
- Non-sparking Everdur, Stainless Steel, Galvanized, Megaloy and Mild Steel plate fasteners.
Conveyor Belt Lacing Service and Repair
At IBT, we offer a full-range of conveyor belt maintenance services, including belt lacing. Our team of belt installation experts can use mechanical lace, either installed or sold by the box, to prepare the belt ends for plate fasteners. Fastener types may include:
- Hinged or Solid Plate Rivet Fasteners
- Hinged or Solid Plate Bolt Fasteners
- Staple Fasteners
- Plastic Rivet Fasteners
Additionally, our team has the capability to use many different conveyer belt lacing types, such as:
- Alligator Lacing
- Clipper Hook Lacing
- Plastic Spiral Lacing
Special treatments can also include recessed lace, cover flaps, hidden lace, and splice protectors.
Conveyor Belt Modification Services
Whether your warehouse or manufacturing facility needs a new belt installed or repaired, IBT is here for you. We offer a range of belt maintenance solutions to serve your needs. Our belt capabilities are as follows:
- Slitting and Cutting: We slit to any width and cut to any length while maintaining industry-standard tolerances.
- Cleats: Many different cleat configurations can be added to our PVC belt. Standard T-cleats and beefy cleats range from half-inch up to 3-inch height and can be notched, tapered, or welded in individual segments. V-guide profile lugs are also available in several sizes.
- V-Guides: We stock all the common PVC and Urethane V-guide profiles in both solid and notched options. They can be welded to the pulley side as a single centered guide or in multiples. V-guide profiles can also be used as edge flanges when welded to the cover side.
- Vulcanized Endless Splicing: Vulcanized Splicing functions are an alternative to mechanical fasteners. Varieties include: step splice, finger splice, double finger splice, finger overlap, skived splice or with ends prepared for field splice.
- Perforation: Perforation available for bolts, vacuum, or drainage.
- Backing: Types of backing include natural rubber, neoprene, Linatex, Rema, closed cell foam, or wetsuit and can be chemically bonded to flat belting, timing, or V-belts. We can also groove or sipe for greater flexibility.
- Softwall Sleeves or Chutes: This custom option is made using natural gum rubber, FDA-approved white nitrile or black neoprene in wall thickness varying from 1/8″ to 1/2″.
About IBT’S Belt Industrial Belt Products Division
Our skilled belt services team at IBT custom-fabricates and services conveyor belts every day — both heavyweight and lightweight — for all types of industries. We also cut and crimp a wide variety of industrial hydraulic and pneumatic hoses at our KC Hose Shop facility, which is a STAR-certified facility that exceeds criteria for cleanliness and hose safety. We’ve got the inventory and expertise to service all your belting and hose needs.