Yaskawa America, Inc. is pleased to release the new A1000 Variable Speed Drive.
The A1000 is a full featured drive, providing outstanding quality, performance, flexibility, and environmental friendliness through 1000HP. Enjoy network communications, feedback, and expandable I/O to control anything from simple fans and pumps to complex machines. For new installations or retrofits, the A1000 provides a single robust solution, regardless of your application.
Features and Benefits
- Closed or open loop vector control for outstanding regulation and torque production
- Continuous Auto-Tuning optimizes performance by compensating for changes in motor temperature
- High Frequency Injection enables high precision open loop control of Interior Permanent Magnet Motors
- Fast-acting current and voltage limiters for tripless operation of demanding loads
- Preventative Maintenance Monitors provide alarms for scheduling work before problems occur
- Increased Design Life made possible by technology advances in power modules, thermal system design, and enhanced integration
- Communication interfaces for all major industrial networks
- Expandable I/O and feedback modules for control flexibility
- Auxiliary Control Power Unit keeps drive communicating when main power is removed
- Embedded Safe Torque Off minimizes downtime during machine intervention
- Embedded function blocks provide micro-controller capability
- USB Copy Unit provides a convenient way of duplicating drive configuration
- Removable terminal board with parameter storage provides automatic configuration backup
- Made with RoHS compliant materials for environmental responsibility
- Integrated DC Reactor (standard on 30HP and larger) for input harmonic reduction
Industrial Drives Product Positioning
The A1000 is Yaskawa’s new industrial general purpose, full-featured drive with a wide power range. It will address every application handled by the F7 and G5 (600V), plus more, due to higher levels of performance and new features including permanent magnet motor control.
The G7 remains as the world’s only low voltage 3-level inverter, and will continue to be the superior solution for problematic installations such as long motor cables or other power transistor (IGBT) switching related phenomena. Although the A1000 does not employ 3-level technology, it is now the highest performance drive in Yaskawa’s portfolio.